Legal Secretary (Junior)
· To deal accurately with filing - Storage and retrieval of client files in line with the department's filing system.
· Filing and retrieval of files from storage in line with the department's filing system
· Set up new files accurately and speedily on instructions from the lawyers
· Produce a consistently high quality and quantity of work.
· Produce a variety of documents from handwritten/typewritten drafts and from recorded speech as directed by the lawyers
· Access and print hard copy reports, correspondence and documents
· Make effective use of all IT systems including K2, Excel, Elite 3E, PowerPoint, Outlook and InterAction
· To liaise with the Firm’s travel provider to arrange flights and hotel bookings.
· Produce a consistently high quality and quantity of work
· Return and send all work with the relevant enclosures
· Seek to develop knowledge of the team practice area
· Follow correct procedures, instructions and protocols.
· Take and record accurate messages and pass on to the appropriate person and without unnecessary delay
· Attend to clients both on the telephone and in person in a professional manner
· Respond to clients specific requests for information on services and inform clients about available services
· Create and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues
· Keep others informed of workload and capacity.
· Regularly check post, e-mail and voicemail for self and colleagues, prepare outgoing mail for despatch and arrange couriers where necessary
· Prepare and serve refreshments as and when required to clients and/or lawyers
· Make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary
· Use the photocopying equipment to achieve copies of the correct standard in line with the Firm's and department's requirements
· Prioritise work to accommodate urgent requests
· Arrange courier.
Working with others
· Offer to assist others either within or outside the team and pick up work from the digital dictation folders
· Treat all members of the team with respect and consideration
· Respond positively to requests for assistance within the team and from the Senior HR Manager.
· Maintain the high standard of service offered to the Firm’s internal clients and to assist in creating and developing the professional reputation of the department
· Understand and live by values – approachable, straightforward, supportive and distinctive
· Be subject to varying degrees of supervision on a day-to-day basis
· Create and maintain professional and positive relationships with, clients, partners and employees
· Work in line with the Firm’s Contribution Areas which are specific to role and level
· Maintain trust and confidentiality at all times
· Act as a Trusted Advisor by building relationships across business services to ensure a consistent approach and service
· Undertake any specific training as and when required by the HR Department, supervisor or Partners of the firm
· Operate safely and considerately in the workplace.