· Hardware installation: Installs computers and related peripherals. Relocates and reconfigures as required. Maintains hardware inventory.
· Hardware maintenance: Performs simple hardware repairs, maintenance and upgrades. Arranges the replacement/repair of faulty items that are covered under warranty agreements with vendors.
· Software installation and maintenance: Installs Microsoft Operating Systems using current company processes. Installs and configures Microsoft Office and other applications. Performs preventative maintenance to optimise systems' reliability and performance.
· End-user IT support: Provides support for users with computer problems. Responds to IT Service Desk phone and e-mail requests. Records the details of problems and requests. Resolves issues where possible, and escalates issues to other IT staff as necessary. Provides occasional out-of-hours support on a rotation basis.
· Telephony and videoconference support: Assists users with the establishment of audio and videoconference calls for internal and external meetings. Deploys smartphones and other mobile devices and supports their users. Liaises with telephone service providers.
· Operational duties: Performs scheduled operational duties including systems capacity and performance checks. Administers user accounts in various systems. Resolves operational issues where possible, and escalates issues to other IT team members as necessary.
· Carries out any other duties commensurate with the purpose of the job.
· At least one year of experience in a similar Systems Support role, preferably Law firm or similar legal environment;
· Good knowledge of current Microsoft Windows operating systems;
· Good knowledge of networking technologies;
· Fluency in English required.
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Ability to interact professionally with staff at all levels of the organisation, both verbally and in writing;
· Good grammatical skills and the ability to prepare quality documentation, reports and training materials;
· Reliability and attention to detail.
· Able to work independently.
· Ability and willingness to occasionally work outside normal working hours/days when requested.
· Travel to regional offices as required.