Our client, an international law firm located in Raffles Place has a vacancy for a Legal Secretary.
· To provide efficient administrative and secretarial support to ensure the department functions effectively.
· Audio and copy typing, document preparation, taking telephone messages and completion of daily timesheets for fee earners (if required).
· Administrative duties including maintenance of the client database, opening case files, file maintenance and archiving, sorting incoming and outgoing post.
· Maintenance of diaries, scheduling meetings and direct contact with clients.
· Any other reasonable administrative duties such as faxing, filing, scanning, emailing and photocopying.
· Opening, closing and archiving client files.
· Ensuring documents and records are stored appropriately, including ensuring filing and e-filing is up to date and accessible.
· You will be the first point of contact for clients and have regular communication with them (taking messages, arranging meetings etc.), so should demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy and sensitivity in all your communications.
· Diligent coverage of telephone lines.
· Managing communication with numerous internal and external constituencies.
· Orchestrating meeting arrangements with colleagues and external parties including coordinating external visits and conference calls.
· Coordinating domestic and international travel logistics.
· Preparing documents and presentation materials in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Preparing briefing notes/packs for client meetings.
· Obtaining information using the internet and various market data applications.
· Creation and running of reports using a variety of different systems.
· Maintaining Excel-based databases.
· Compliance with all departmental systems and policies such as e-filing.
· Previous experience in a secretarial or administrative role in a legal services environment.
· Detail oriented with an ability to type quickly and accurately.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Strong organisational and planning skills with a flexible, positive 'can-do' approach to work.
· Ability to effectively manage own workload and prioritise workload effectively.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Personable and confident, able to build relationships with fee-earners at all levels and clients.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a helpful and friendly manner.
· Excellent telephone manner.
· Resilient and calm under pressure.