Paralegal, Insolvency and Dispute Resolution, Contract
Mid-May to Dec 2021/Jan 2022
The Paralegal will be responsible for undertaking insolvency and dispute resolution work under supervision of the Senior Associates and will work closely with the Partners, and will work exclusively with the insolvency and dispute resolution team.
· Provide legal support to the IDR team.
· Undertaking legal research into specific points of law; assisting with first drafts of court related documentation; preparing first drafts of correspondence with third parties; and assisting with business development.
· Assist in drafting corporate authorisation documents and voluntary liquidation forms, and resolutions for British Virgin Islands companies and Cayman Islands companies and partnerships.
· Proofreading and reviewing all relevant supporting documents on a daily basis; liaising with clients; and updating team members on developments on matters and/or on the law.
· Managing compliance processes and proactively liaise with registered office services providers ("RO Provider") and the internal Compliance team from time to time, to ensure due diligence on the clients has been received;
· Liaise with clients in relation to any general enquiries.
· Liaise with RO Provider on requests for certified true copies / registered office certificates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a good standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· A minimum of two years' experience working in a legal environment as a paralegal, legal assistant or company secretary.
· Excellent writing skills with fluency in both spoken and written English.
· Work independently and as a team member.
· Willingness to engage with team members and ask questions of people of all levels of seniority.
· Manage a complex and demanding workload and prioritise tasks and projects to meet work standards and personal performance targets.
· Attention to detail.
· Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing, with people at all levels. This will include high quality correspondence.
· Working knowledge of computerised systems including databases of legal resources.
· Ability and willingness to occasionally work outside normal working hours/days when requested.
Only those willing to consider contract should apply.
Please email your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Apologise that only shortlisted candidate will be called.