Our client, an American multi-national law firm has a vacancy for Human Resources Manager - Asia
As a member of the central HR team this position will work closely with local Directors of Administration in Asia to provide HR management guidance and support within the region.
· Under the direction of firmwide HR management and in collaboration with the Asia DOA team, develop and document region- and market-specific policies to blend local market expectations with firmwide policies and local HR regulations
· Review, update and maintain policy documentation and coordinate implementation with DoA’s as new policies are enacted or as local rules change
· Suggest new policies/benefits as needed, in conjunction with US and Europe policy changes; evaluate whether/how to implement in Asia Non-Lawyer Recruiting:
· Manage Asia-based positions in Workday, schedule interviews, perform initial candidate screening, prepare offer letters/contracts, and conduct background check calls
· Review and/or create recruiter contracts, obtain signatures, and maintain all region-specific recruiter agreements
· Approve offers (compensation) for Asia region before presentation to candidates
· Create and maintain Asia offer letter templates as needed per region On-boarding/Departures:
· In collaboration with the Legal Talent Manager, DoA’s and other managers, maintain standardized approach for new hire orientation schedules across Asia
· Participate in HR orientation for all new hires in the region, which includes policy overview and preparing and providing new hire onboarding documents
· Schedule orientation sessions in coordination with the local DoA for all Asia new hires
· Coordinate the departure process, which includes preparing documents, organizing termination of IS access rights and conducting exit interviews for departing employees
· Working with the Director of Benefits & Wellness and our global consultants, develop, support, and promote best-in-class regional benefits and retirement programs.
· Participate in monthly benefits calls with global benefits consultant, interface with local brokers, and assist with day-to-day benefits issues and annual plan renewals.
· Act as regional contact for benefits-related questions and concerns, elevating to Director of Benefits & Wellness as needed.
· Review regional benefits trends and participate in local market surveys.
· Provide regional leave of absence administration and support to local DOAs.
· Working with the central Wellness department and local DOAs, develop and promote various wellness initiatives.
· Regularly review local market trends in regional markets to ensure employment, compensation, titles are competitive and consult with central HR leadership as needed
· Monitor labor contracts and apply for renewals, process cancellations.
· In collaboration with local DOA, monitor employee pass/visa applications, renewals and foreign lawyer registrations.
· Provide advice and consultation to DOAs regarding employee relations issues as they arise
· Work with Professional Staff Development Manager to assess development needs and to deploy staff development related trainings in the Asia region
· Assist with Workday entries as needed
· Responsible for policy compliance and approval within Espresa and communicate with Asia region DOAs so they can process necessary payments
· All other duties as assigned or required
· 5+ years prior HR experience
· Previous HRIS experience
· Familiarity with Asia region employment laws
· Fluent in Mandarin, both reading, writing and speaking
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, iManage and other firm applications
· Ability to work extended and/or weekend hours, as required
· Ability to travel, as required
· Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
· Law firm experience
· Must be able to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding department information.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and efficiently.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Must be able to prioritize in hectic environment and work independently.
· Professional demeanor.
· Must be comfortable speaking before small groups.
· Excellent communication and writing skills.
· Ability to interact and work well with vendors and co-workers.