Purpose of the role:
A 6-month maternity cover
- To manage seasonal firm-wide processes e.g. performance review and salary review;
- To be a trusted advisor to the SG partnership and key stakeholders;
- To be the key point of contact for all operational and day to day HR matters and enquiries;
- To work and support the Head of HR, Asia Pacific (APAC) in driving continuous improvement to HR operations; and
- To work collaboratively with the APAC HR team and broader HR community as required e.g. UK based International HR and HR Shared Service (HRSS) teams.
For the Singapore (SG) Office:
- Manage the end to end recruitment process of all lawyers/fee-earners and business operations staff.
- Work with the hiring Partner/Manager to develop and finalise job descriptions and advertisements.
- Work with the Firm's preferred recruitment agencies to source suitable candidates. Negotiate favourable Terms of Business and continuously foster and develop relationships with the Firm's preferred recruitment agencies.
- Advise on selection processes including interviews and testing methods as appropriate.
- Fully utilise the Firm's online recruitment system to manage the recruitment cycle.
- Prepare offer recommendations for hiring Partners/Managers using internal salary information, market data and any other appropriate sources. Lead all offer communications and negotiations.
- Manage and supervise (and action as required) the Regional HR Executive (or equivalent) on the following areas:
- all contract administration to ensure accuracy of all offers;
- ensure that all recruitment records are maintained;
- all pre-employment and on-boarding processes; and
- all contract templates are kept up-to-date and current.
- Ensure SG lateral recruitment activities are consistent with APAC practises.
b) Graduate Recruitment (GR)
Supervise the Regional HR Executive (or equivalent) on the end to end GR process on the following:
- The Firm's Summer Internship including selection processes; feedback; assessments; and offers.
- Develop recommendations to ensure the best talent is attracted. Continually review and improve GR processes as needed.
- Work with the UK GR team as required.
- Attend GR Law Firm networking meetings & law fair events .
Manage the end to end relocation process for inbound/outbound moves for SG including:
- working with the International HR, Mobility and Tax Teams to ensure the assignment is accurately structured and all documentation is prepared;
- instructing and liaising with the Firm's preferred relocation service provider;
- Pro-actively advise Partners/Managers through each stage of the process; and
- Provide HR support as required pre, during and post assignment to ensure that consistency in practice is achieved as far as possible across APAC.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Support and provide recommendations to the Head of HR, Asia Pacific during the salary review budget process. Manage the salary review process for all Groups and Business Support Operations and work collaboratively with the Head of HR, APAC to ensure that the process is delivered on time and accurately.
- Analyse all compensation salary survey data and trends and provide recommendations to the Head of HR, Asia Pacific to ensure that our compensation remains competitive in the market.
- Advise and guide the SG partnership and staff on relevant applicable plans.
- Liaise as required with the UK Benefits Team and the Firm's preferred local broker for annual renewals and manage all adhoc issues or queries.
- Support the Head of HR, APAC as necessary during the development of any staff benefits or review of the current offering.
- Liaise with the Accountant in SG regarding all payroll matters for staff and partners as required.
Manage the end to end process for:
- Annual Performance Management including guidance to Partners/Managers, all pre and post appraisal actions and escalating as needed to the Head of HR, APAC. Ensuring the process is delivered in a timely and fair way.
- Actively encourage the career planning process across all groups/the office for individuals to ensure a credible and transparent promotion process is in place.
- Work with the L&D team to develop training programmes that are relevant to the Singapore office.
- Joiners, including the induction programme and probation management;
- Leavers, including exit meetings, record keeping, analysis and identification of trends and escalate recommendations to the Head of HR, APAC.
- Supervise the Regional HR Executive on all joiner and leaver administration;
- Analyse and interpret HR Metrics including turnover, absence, hours, and people survey results to identify issues and develop improvement plans as necessary.
- Absence and Leave Management including the monitoring of health/sick leave, annual leave/carry forward, compassionate, maternity and paternity etc. Supervise the Regional HR Executive on all leave administration and advise Partners/Managers accordingly.
Compliance Process Management
- Responsible for managing and monitoring all regulatory registration and renewal processes in Singapore with the support of the Regional HR Executive.
- This will include lawyer registrations with the Legal Services Regulatory Authority (LSRA), Practicing Certificates registrations and renewals for Singapore qualified lawyers, advising on CPD requirements and applications and renewals of Employment & Dependant passes for foreign employees.
Management & Development of Direct Reports
- Actively supervise and develop junior member/s of the HR team.
- Utilising the experience and skills of the junior HR team to ensure that responsibilities and work allocation/utilisation is appropriate.
- Ensure that the junior HR team is sufficiently challenged and provided with development opportunities.
- Be the "go to" HR Manager for office heads, partners, and all staff in the SG office and provide support as required.
- Always strive to provide an excellent and quality focused HR service.
- Work collaboratively with the L&D Manager, Asia as required for the learning and development needs of staff.
- Be pro-active in self development and learning and ensure that all SG employment knowledge is current and up to date.
- Advocate excellent people management and leadership skills and ability to challenge inappropriate behaviour.
- Attend CSR meetings and input as appropriate, including and not limited to Internal and Community Business initiatives.
- Share knowledge with the APAC HR team.
- Lead on adhoc APAC HR Projects and/or processes as required.
- Develop relevant legal HR networks.
- A minimum of three years generalist experience at the HR Advisor or Manager level.
- Professional services experience advantageous.
- An ability to foster credibility with senior stakeholders in the business.
- Experience of dealing with all levels of staff and Partners in a persuasive and influential manner.
- Strong listening and problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills.
- A good working knowledge of HR best practice.
- Experience of working in a service orientated environment.
- Ability to operate effectively in a diverse cultural environment.
Personal Qualities / Behaviours
- Professional, calm manner, robust and resilient.
- A self-starter who can work effectively with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Proactive and willing to take ownership of matters.
- Committed to high standards and excellence.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to deal with different cultures and perspectives.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good sense of perspective and humour.
- Flexible and with a strong work ethic.